A media profile is a list of attributes which define what audio codecs are used on a per call basis.
It also describes how DTMF (Dual Tone Multiple Frequency) will be handled within the SIP profile
Media profiles are bound to one or more SIP Profiles
- Depending on use case:
- User can create one Media profile per SIP profile
- User can create one Media profile for many SIP Profiles.
- SIP profile uses the Media profile information to negotiate SDP information
- Codecs & P-times
- Local RTP ports
An audio codec is a program implemented as an algorithm that compresses and decompresses digital audio data.
- 5 codecs can be configured per media profile.
- 10 different codecs to choose from with multiple variations of each codec.
- G.711 PCMU
- G.711 PCMA
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.